*start*
00334 00024 US
Date: 14 Nov. 1980 5:54 pm PST (Friday)
From: Gobbel
Subject: From a bulletin board at MIT...
To: Whimsy↑

There once was a young man of Clay,
Who stood on his head all the day.
        When folks asked him why,
        They got this reply:

"i hem s!y+ Ja++aq y)nw +! ak!l I"

pa+!Au! aJe s+uawwo)

	-Randy
*start*
00615 00024 US
Date: 6 Jan. 1981 10:03 am PST (Tuesday)
From: Gilman.ES
Subject: Bow wow theory
To: RFishman
cc: AllWhimsy↑

The bow wow theory, otherwise known as onomatopoeia, is another source of
words.  These words sound like what they describe. Some that come to mind are:

ring
buzz
crack
cuckoo
woof
bark
bow wow
hoot
tintinabulation
tinkle
gong
bang
bong (before paraphernalia)
booh
whippoorwill
bobolink
hum
boom

The dictionary will say (imitative) in the definition.  For a good time look at
451-459 in Roget's Thesaurus.

*start*
00630 00024 US
Date:  9 JAN 1981 0916-PST
From: KAY.PA
Subject: Signs of the times.
To:   Whimsy↑

I was heartened to see that others had felt some pitty for poor old
Bill Stickers whom the British persecute so.  As a child, riding the
underground to school everyday, I became quite sorry for him, truely
believing him to be one of my fellow creatures.  But, I am ashamed to
say, I did not become really upset until I read another sign that made
it appear that I and most of the other passengers with me, were in
constant violation of an unsuspected law.  It said, quite simply,
"DOGS MUST BE CARRIED."

--Martin.
------